“Dr. Kate White has outstanding knowledge…But even more important, she has outstanding empathy and a real gift for explaining medical issues.” Dr. Carolyn Westhoff, Professor of OB/GYN, Columbia University Vagelos College of Physicians and Surgeons
Your Sexual Health provides answers to your burning questions about your reproductive health (and yes—even questions about vaginal burning!) and tells you things you may have never even thought to ask.
Addressing topics like taking care of your vaginal health, regulating your menstrual cycle, eliminating painful periods, choosing the right birth control, and achieving orgasms, you’ll understand your body in a new way through 69 easy-to-digest sections. And while many books about women’s health care focus on the experiences of heterosexual women, I provide a friendly, inclusive guide for all readers with female parts, regardless of gender identity or sexual orientation.
Throughout Your Sexual Health, you’ll learn how to:
• Understand how your body is normal—and notice when it’s not.
• Have periods that don’t ruin your life—or your clothes.
• Get in touch with your body and your partner for the best sex of your life.
• Protect your body from STDs and STIs.
• Learn the often-normal causes for occasionally abnormal pap smears.
• Discover the right contraception for your body.
Your Sexual Health is the perfect high school graduation gift or college graduation gift. But it’s not just for young people – folks of any age will discover secrets about their body & their health in this book. It’s filled with trustworthy and approachable information, making it your board-certified bedside confidante until you can see your gyno.
Part I. Gyno Health
The Land down under
Labia, liners, Paps, HPV and more
Part II. PERIOD Health
bleed, rinse, repeat
Flow, tampons, cramping, PMS and more
Part III. sexual Health
desire, dryness and dildos
Masturbation, orgasms, anal, and more
Part IV. reproductive Health
how to plan your fam
Pills, pulling out, emergency contraception, and more
Part V. pregnancy Health
baby (on the) brain
Getting pregnant, getting help, c-sections and more
- HuffPost. “Everything You Need To Know About Menstrubation (It’s Sexier Than It Sounds).”
- Health.com. “What is Emergency Contraception?”
- INSIDER.com. “What is an IUD? The long-lasting birth control that is over 99% effective.”
- Health.com. “7 Benefits of Orgasm Including Improved Mood and Pain Relief.”
- INSIDER.com. “7 questions your OB-GYN wishes you would ask them when pregnant.”